Thursday, September 24, 2015

UConn!

No Whale for me.
Got to BDL late Tuesday night. As expected, shops were closed. No Whalers gear for me.

Got to mom's house in Storrs even later Tuesday night (Wednesday morning). As expected, house was closed. No shelter or lodging for me.

But the Yukon to UConn portion completed successfully now it was!

What else happened on Wednesday...

Got to Storrs in serious need of coke. I mean Coke. Zero. Sheesh. Opened mom's fridge, saw the mini-can, gasped and cackled with delight. It's sort of sick. But amusing.

I drove my own car for the first time in eight months. Got in, forgot how low it sat. Slightly lamented the somewhat spartan-ness of interior compared to my LA ride that's not really mine, then kicked it into gear, plowed through the manual transmission and remembered how much fun my car is. And I cackled with delight.

Oh, mom had new siding put on the house! Cray-cray with a different color.

Separatisting in style.

Back to the car. Got it washed. It needed it. It's all shiny now. But the car wash employees are a little creepy.


Later I went to my buddy Scott's son's surprise bday party. We played Mario Kart 64. I dominated. The first game, at least. Oh my!


Ah, and lest I forget... Yukon to UConn (I didn't take this pic. Well, I took it from a website, actually):



No comments:

Post a Comment